IGNORED

Guest-friendly hotels in Chiang Mai

Rex1975

Just planning a research trip to Chiang Mai and curious if somebody can recommend a mid-range hotel in Chiang Mai that doesn't charge "joiner fees". Cheers

Last time I checked, CM was still in Thailand. Maybe try the forum "hotels Elsewhere in Thailand". Plenty of threads on CM there. wj

I stayed at Raming Lodge a couple of years ago. It's in the bar area and no joiner fee for 1 girl, not sure about 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Another vote for Raming Lodge, very good position for nightlife, good rooms too. Have stayed there three times.

• 3 months later...

I stayed at Raming Lodge a couple of years ago. It's in the bar area and no joiner fee for 1 girl, not sure about 2.

stayed there great place bg friendley

• 3 weeks later...

I have stayed at the Suriwongse Hotel (currently being rebranded as the Movenpick Hotel) my last three trips to Chiang Mai. With the new young and friendly staff, and remodeled rooms, the hotel is a great place to stay. Located directly adjacent to the night bazaar and a few minutes walk to to beer bar scene, it has a very central location. The rooms are very large and comfortable, sofa, desk, king bed, large bathroom. The breakfast buffet was above average and when we booked through Agoda we got free WiFi. Always went with one or more Thai girls, never an issue and the staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Great value for the quality and size of rooms. Taxi from airport 15 minutes, 300 baht flat fixed rate, buy ticket in the terminal. Take a tuk tuk (60 baht) to the River View or Good View Restaurants, 5 minutes, for a good meal, inexpensive - they are both next to each other on the Ping River, the more modern looking one has live music at night.

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/chiang_mai/suriwongse_hotel.html?type=1&site_id=1596471&url=http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/chiang_mai/suriwongse_hotel.html&tag=ab509c86-d088-4463-bb1e-2d67f28aeb4e&gclid=CLWSiPDR3bICFVEk6wodxWMAFA&cklg=1

Another vote for Raming Lodge, very good position for nightlife, good rooms too. Have stayed there three times.

+1, but buy some Mozzie spray, small thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the Raming Lodge in Chiang Mai. The rooms are clean and spacious. The brekkie buffet is above average. They have some good deals on rooms where you get coupons for dinner and the really delicious chicken kebabs the cook out front. It's right near some of the beer bars and close to the night bazaar. I wasn't charged for the joiners :)

I'm staying at Imm hotel at the end of this month. I'll report back on girl friendlieness.

I had no problem at the Imm in July or August !
If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Raming Lodge - stayed 4 times, very good. GF.

Top North hotel (not guesthouse), by the moat, old city wall. Stay in new wing, not the older part. GF.

This place is very nice, good location, GF and VFM. The standard room was more than adequate for my 2 short stays of 3 and 4 days. If I visit again I’ll book again.

http://www.tapaeplacehotel.com/

How big in sq meters was the standard room?

I had no problem at the Imm in July or August !

What were you paying and what type of room did you have?

Stayed at the Royal Lanna with girl, very friendly no joiners fee.

How much did it cost and how big were the rooms?

What were you paying and what type of room did you have?

I was paying 900 baht per night and the deluxe and superior rooms seemed the same to me.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

I've stayed at Raming Lodge + Wangbarupa Palace, both girl friendly & nice hotels

The breakfast at Raming is very good but the rooms lack light & the swimming pool is tiny.

Returning to Wangbarupa again 22 July, standard room £18.00 GB per night thru Agoda (inc taxes etc)

there's another thread on this too http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/97432-girl-friendly-hotels-chiang-mai/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I def want to check out the  Wangbarupa Palace. Any where i can find reviews?

I stayed at the IMM too recently

- 1k night. Cheaper low season

- next door to McDonalds

- 5 min walk to loi kroh road

- 100% girl friendly. LB too

- You have a modern key card to your room. Access to hotel lobby always open 24/7

- can go straight to your room. My girls were never asked for their ID. If cautious you could insist they leave it

- 7/11 few mins away, to the left. This ain't Patts, they're less common

- right next to thapae gate. Awesome location

- parking for bikes, round to the right

- safe, hot water (good modern showers), free water, fridge, cable, torch (!), air con (no fan)

- buffet breakfast. Not the best but can't go wrong with cereal/toast/fruit/juice/coffee tea

Rooms are a bit souless & noisy but a good all round place

Archived