IGNORED

CCTV in PATTAYA

LaaMok

The BiB and the local government spend a lot of time covering up the amount of crime against foreigners that occurs in Pattaya- even to the point of pressuring news outlets. The last thing they are interested in doing documenting it and risk it ending up on Youtube. The only thing the cameras will be allowed to record is petty theft or minor Thai-on-Thai violence.

On my last trip to los i was watching the daytime news which showed very clear CCTV footage from just a few feet away of a thai guy shooting his girlfriend at near point blank range right in the forehead (because she was with her gik)...she dropped like a sack of shit and they still kept it playing as the blood pooled round her head and body just so you could see him drive off on his bike. That is not minor but I agree had it been a falang that got shot it would have been censored.

"To monger, or not to monger, that is the question"

• 4 weeks later...

Judging from the British experience, it will cause the following factors for come into play:

* Push crime elsewhere, to areas not covered by cameras

* Cause criminals to start wearing hoodies and larger caps, to hide their faces

* Criminals will start to come to realize that there's no-one watching the cameras "in real-time", just a VHS machine that's recording footage to tape.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it is a good idea, people with nothing to hide have nothing to worry about.

Ah, THAT old chestnut huh?

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All technics for the good can be used for the worse.

Nothing to hide...no where...not at all???

Unlike Jackie Chan's stupid ass. We don't need anymore ways to end up on the Government's shit list. CCTV is good for maybe the mall or something, but I agree with the whole upkeep is going to get way too expensive. Maybe throw more money into buses, and boats that you don't need to do five Hail Mary's before you get on, to make it to your destination in one piece.

Dont worry, its only to make us Brits feel more at home

We LIKE being snooped on and controlled (or we must do, because how else would there be so many CCTV cameras around the septic isle)

Next on the adgenda is guilty until proven innocent, and being punished multiple times for the same offence

Rule Britannia !!!!!! :Drunk_Party:

Hedonist

just been to court and found guilty of disordely behavoir, my son was done for disordely and assulting police and his friend the same, oh and resisting arrest. the judge seen the cctv footage and clearly seen that the psni (local police, scumbags) were to blame for all, yet we got done. doesnt matter bout cctv's or whats on them, the police say whats what. this has nothing to do with pattaya but im just a bit annoyed bout cctv at the minute :GoldenSmile1:

BIGSY

• 2 weeks later...
:P

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

CCTV the most it will do is move criminals to areas without cameras if they have any brains but alot astreet criminals wont have the brains but it may introduce another income stream to certain people who benefit from overlooking it

I can feel an angel sliding up to me nz immigrants raising the IQ of both countries pattaya makes a humble man hard

• 3 weeks later...
Usually when I see a camera crew on WS, I like to walk right in front of it, maybe next time i'll fit in a "Hi Mom" :P

"Next time, I'm going to DisneyWorld" :D

• 4 weeks later...

well considering im meant to be caught on cctv over 300 times a day when in a city in the uk a few cameras around in pattaya wont hurt.

lets just hope some of you lot who are leaving the wife behind dont end up in trouble because of the extra cctv and youtube...

Edited by anaconda19

experience is the mother of wisdom

Evidence for your actions.

BoomBoom

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/&clickLABEL=Time to go back&flashLABEL=Vacation End&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/30.jpg&text=%20Back to Cage%21%21&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2010&month=4&day=09&hour=12&minute=00&second=0&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="">Dragon gets back into the cage</a></small></center>

Hmmm, not a fan of cctv!!

20% of the population consume 80% of the resources....

2% of the population control more than 50% of the wealth...

100% Fucked!!