Sign in to follow this  
msgdawg

Galaxy Hotel Angeles City, Philippines

msgdawg

Advertised prices are not too bad, especially for location on Fields. Walked-in on Sunday afternoon with no reservations and had no problems getting a Superior (myself) and Deluxe (friend) room; no standard rooms available at the time. Was given the "Promo Rates", which was a nice discount from the advertised prices. A 1000 peso deposit is required at check in and is returned upon check-out.

My Superior room was very clean and well organized with a big "manly-sized" leather or leather-ish comfortable chair, king bed with nice bedding and large cushioned leather headboard. There was a bathrobe in the closet. Restroom basic amenities included soap, shampoo, shower gel, razor, comb and toothbrush. I mention the restroom amenities, as my previous hotel only provided the small, single use soap chips and a roll of toilet paper. The small refrigerator with some basic mini-bar items had reasonable prices for a hotel.

Street noise wasn't too bad, but some could hear a bit at different times. I honestly didn't see a difference in my Superior room and my friend's Deluxe room aside from mine being on 2nd and his on 3rd floors.

On the flip-side, while not complete killers at the moment, there were some issues that could be improved with little effort. I attribute most of these small issues to the hotel being new.

1) Didn't have towels until approximately 5pm the day of arrival. When asking housekeeping, the response was that laundry hadn't returned yet, so they obviously didn't have enough towels. Towels were delivered to my room when they arrived (still warm). The following day, towels were removed from room for cleaning and only 2 hand towels were returned; I didn't even bother with housekeeping as my friend said he asked for towels and they removed the ones from the room they were cleaning to give him.

2) Room had venetian blinds and no curtains for the single window. Normally this wouldn't bother me, but the room lit up upon sunrise and it also made for a warm room as I didn't have a temp control for the AC just an on/off wall switch.

3) Typical of most Angeles and Subic hotels, but there was no in-room documentation of anything except a massage advertisement. Not a big deal, but a menu for the on-site restaurant and tv channel listing would have been nice and at the very least a listing for the phone. My friend tried numerous common #s attempting to call the front desk with no luck. Upon asking later, the desk# is 100, lol.

4) Just nit-picking now but there was a missing light bulb from the area just in front of the wall closet and restroom. Guessing it was just overlooked and didn't hinder seeing inside the closet or safe.

Upon check-out at 5:30am, there were more people checking out than I expected so it took a few more minutes than I expected. All staff were exceptionally courteous and truly seemed to care. Location is great, within walking distance to everything and not as loud as expected. I didn't spend any time at the pool or restaurant but both looked nice. I feel confident that I will be staying here again in the near future.

LuizzeOliveira

The Galaxy hotel Angeles is a 3 star hotel that is 20 drive away from Clark International Airport. These hotel has around 51 rooms with wide range of amenities such as , bathtub, mini bar, TV and so many other. This hotel also offer delicius food with so many types of cocktail.