Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Serene Hotel - information

kruptionk

Hi All

Thought I would add some info on this place.

Serene hotel

Pattaya 2 Rd (near cnr Pattayaland Soi 3)

Phone: (0) 3842 - 2952 Fax: (0) 3842 - 2951

Its a really basic hotel nothing fancy, comfortable with A/C TV etc - clean with a maid who comes around and does a clean every morning.

Pricing is still at the 750 baht range (25 AUD) - Im gonna go back there in February 2013 and Im booking 3 rooms so im sure pricing will drop 100 or so baht per night - cheap as chips!

They have safe's at reception which is where i would stash all my travellers cheques, passport etc. The reception also insist on talking ladies ID's every time which is good.

Its really close to walking st and beach road (located right next to mike department store) and there is a laundromat downstairs connected to serene hotel as well so you can always have clean clothes :)

The only thing with this place is its literally right next to boys town. I personally dont have a problem with this but others may but i have been going to this place on every visit and they always look after me well and always ensure i have a good stay. Best thing is they really do check up on you if the girl leaves and goes to pick up her ID.

I stayed here way back in the early 90's.

I came down from Bangkok for a week and the long timer I brought with me chose the hotel. Apparently she knew the owner.

The owner had a bunch of pets in the foyer: a cat, a monkey and rabbits and guinea pigs (?) in cages. The monkey had free reign in the foyer and was really funny. It liked to torment the cat by pulling its tail and then swinging away into the iron ceiling braces. The cat would eventually retreat to the huge cage in the foyer that was meant for the monkey. The owner would lock it in to keep the monkey out and give the cat a bit of a break from the tormenting. I asked the owner if they ate the rabbits and just got a blank look.

As you say, guys who are homophobic wouldn't like it. One of the entrances is via the Boyz Town area and a lot of the guests would be guys with their Thai boyfriends.

Edited by RCR

ahh yes there is an entrance via boys town, theres one via 2nd road too and from mike department store as well, everytime i have been it has been a mixed crowd not just farangs with their thai bf for the night

mind you i only use it for shagging chix so i dont care lol