IGNORED

UK Visa flight tickets

neil123

I am appyling for UK tourist visa for girlfriend, do i need to book a flight ticket, to show with visa application. I am getting a bit of conflicting information from people , some say yes and some say no. I cant see the point of booking a ticket , when she is not guaranteed visa. Although I have been told you can show them I have reserved a flight which cost 300-500 baht- any help

The consensus would be that its a good idea and also makes it clear to the ECO that you're very serious reference the application. However make sure the ticket is refundable in case you are knocked back on the application.

You certainly do not have to buy the ticket to present with the visa application.

no you DO NOT HAVE TO BUY FLIGHT TICKET to day i just hear my thai girl got visa today

Do not buy a ticket, the UK embassy website advises not to..

Edited by blueelf

Do not buy a ticket, the UK embassy website advises not to..

Yes I read that, but asks for confirmation, Its says provide confirmation of accommodation and travel, but dont pay for anything until you get visa lol, I have been told that you can reserve a flight, for 300-500baht at BKK travel agents, that gives you confirmation of flight and names her as the passenger, dont need to take the flight and can cancel, without paying the full cost of the flight.

Just print out an itinerary and include it in the application.

Whether she gets a visa or not is pretty much all down to her "reason to return". Having a ticket or not is inconsequential.

• 1 month later...

Can any one tell me how much the tourist visa for a Thai to visit the Uk is please?

Dont buy a ticket until UK Visa is approved,.... Just get a Itinerary Ticket from the travel agents, (try get it in your home country, a rip off from Thai travel agent charging you for itinerary ticket)... That will be approved by UK Visa for applications process..

Can any one tell me how much the tourist visa for a Thai to visit the Uk is please?

Pretty sure it is 3800 baht now, for the General Visitors Visa.

Rich..

Got a UK visitor visa for GF on May 17th for 3 month. Also had two friends apply at the same time, one was successful the other wasnt. The 3 GFs all have different backgrounds, and one is aged 21 just left college, no job, no kids nothing to go back for, but was still successful, so I think the main thing they looking for is the ability of the sponsor to be able to to support them while there here. I didnt book a ticket, but got a travel agent in BKK to confirm her on a return flight which cost 300 baht. If anyone wants more information on the process or what we submitted then just ask

..so I think the main thing they looking for is the ability of the sponsor to be able to to support them while there here.

I think that is an important factor in a visa application with a Thai person who can not prove that they have enough money to support themselves. At least as important is that the person will abide by the conditions of the visa, including leaving before the permitted stay has ended. If they do not feel that this will happen they will deny the application. IMO it is all in the preparation of the visa application. You have to know, and tick, all the right boxes.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 2 months later...

Dont buy a ticket until UK Visa is approved,.... Just get a Itinerary Ticket from the travel agents, (try get it in your home country, a rip off from Thai travel agent charging you for itinerary ticket)... That will be approved by UK Visa for applications process..

what is an itinerary ticket?? I am applying for a visa soon, do I just walk into a travel agent and ask for one? its prettty confusing! Why would they give you a ticket if you havent booked a flight or holiday?