IGNORED

Little India Restaurant

Hi All

Me and a mate went to the Little India restaurant. Its on Soi Diana, as you walk up Diana its on the right at the end of the arcade walk.

I had a chicken tikka masala, pilau rice, garlic nan, my mate had prawn biryani.

Both meals were very good, up to UK curry house standards.

The restaurant is quite small, but clean.

I would say it was all cooked fresh as it took at bit of time for the main dishes to come out.

A good find for UK style curry fans.

Enjoy.

Disting, thanks for this. I seriously miss UK curries, can't find anything like them over here in Singapore. This place just jumped to the top of my list, I'll definitely give it a try when I'm over in June.

How much did that meal cost you?

Thats the one bit I didnt pay too much attention too. It wasnt much. 500 a head ish.

If you are passing through Bangkok I would completely recommend Mrs Balbir's on Sukumvit soi 11/1. Go in the soi and its on the right side just before the bend. Red colour building. Excellent quality UK style curry. I eat there every time I come and go. Never had a bad one. Usually about 7-800 Baht a meal and worth every Satang. Really pissed me off on Friday when I left as it was shut cos of Songkhran.

I went to this resturant back in 2002, had a royal korma and tricolour pilau rice, very rich and filling but enjoyed it and have always remembered it being the best korma ever, there used to be an Austrian resturant a few doors down which served a massive steak and bowl of chips more than i could eat, great value for money, now i just stick to Thai food im addicted

Thanks, then I'll hit Mrs Balbir's too in June. :Bow:

It's a tad far from the hotel I booked in Bangkok but I'll go anywhere for UK style curry. Except the UK that is ... not quite cut out for those long flights anymore.

Eaten at little india a couple of times . good food , good service , fair price .

Mikeyboy

Glad to hear it was not just a one off.

Its on my list for a return visit when I get back in 5 weeks

Went to touch

1today opposite nova platinum hotel, had chicken tikka masala, pilau rice and butter nan, 275฿ and it was great the sauce was like Indian in the uk, not posh but very good

M

Thats good money for an Indian in Thailand.

Whereabouts is Nova Platinum hotel?