Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Staying in Jomtien

thaidreams

Hey all - I am considering staying in Jomtien for a few weeks to see how I like it.

Now a few questions.

From central Jomtien - how much and trip time is it to catch a baht bus

Apart from not being near the Soi's/WS are there any more obvious negatives about Jomtien I should be aware of?

Baht buses run along Beach Rd. then on to Patts about 10mins travelling time cost 10bht. No where near as many bars as Patts.but has some good ones, some very nice restaurants & a much better beach. Enjoy

Bahtbus all day and night is no problem... But later than 2am is a problem if you are going to Jomtien from Pattaya, You have to wait til the bahtbus is full before departing for Jomtien, could be half an hour wait or less... That is all...

I call it "best of both worlds": Ten minute bike/baht bus ride to Pattaya, so you are close enough to the action, but have some quite time and the nicer beach of Jomtien. And as the first member wrote, some nice resturants, clubs ect. If you are going out at 200am (or going back out at 200am!)...have a 100+ baht bill ready...not too many buses period at that time, but even less going from Jomtien to Pattay...small fee to pay to stay in the better part of town (IMHO).

Jomtien has a nice beach & is a little more laid back / spread out; try Soi 6 for a cluster of nice massage parlours BTW! The main Thrappaya Road runs from 2nd Road all the way up Jomtien Beach Road so there is no problem catching a bus either way. A little tip, if catching a baht bus back to Jomtien from the junction at 2nd Road / Pattaya Tai, take a moment to watch 20 Russians all cram into a baht bus at the back of the queue then walk past the one at the front of the queue & hail a passing one when it turns the corner (don't speak to the driver ffs). You can then enjoy a leisurely ride home with room to swing a cat for the princely sum of 10B.

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

Jomtien is a great place to live. Close enough to everything but far away from the madness of Pattaya.

I was also thinking to be in Jomtien, is there also some 7eleven there ?

<iframe width="263" height="180" src="//w2.onlinecountdowns.com/98515" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Veni, vidi, vici.

I was also thinking to be in Jomtien, is there also some 7eleven there ?

Don't feed the troll

Don't feed the troll

I know that is 7eleven everywhere, but i never been in that part of patts yet, so i dont have a clue !

<iframe width="263" height="180" src="//w2.onlinecountdowns.com/98515" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Veni, vidi, vici.

fishy

Plenty of 7/11s in Jomtien but no large shopping malls they are out of town

I know that is 7eleven everywhere, but i never been in that part of patts yet, so i dont have a clue !

. Plenty of 7s mate, much nicer place to live(IMO), if your only hear for a couple of weeks then jomtien ain't the place for you. But anyone hear for any length of time it's the place to live,great beach,nice people, quiet after midnight..The air is better and much cleaner, you can always pop into town, it's only 10mins on the bus, or 5 on a bike, but you find after a while jomtien has all you want anyhow

I am just still deciding where to be, becouse my friend have guest house in Soi Bukhao...ssimple rooms, but its great becouse lots of people i know and good hang out together.

But he also have apartments in Jomtien and they are great and i never was there. So i cant decide now.

Veni, vidi, vici.

Tesco/Lotus Express shop just opened three minutes walk from my Condo in Pratmnak Hill... Brilliant..