Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Buy SIM card at airport?

Stumpdog

The major mobile network providers all have a presence in arrivals area.

Dodgy

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

Its not a problem buying sim card anywhere in Los also you can recharge at any family mart or 7 11. I used dtac in October they have got pretty decent rates

After you collect your luggage and enter the arrivals hall there are a number of booths.

I've used DTAC (far left as you exit) without issue. They have good internet data packs available too, but ultimately they are all much of muchness for coverage, especially if you are only visiting Bkk and or Pattaya.

There is a 7/11 opposite gate 3 on arrivals floor,they should be able to look after you there.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

Just a tip from my experience , in the past i bought my thai sim cards from the 7-11, then i would allways recieve sms messages from the phone company every three hours, and i was charge for them ,very annoying .Last trip i bought my thai sim card from the AIS counter just as you walk out of the arrivals hall , they explaned the plan , and set up my phone with calls and data plan . and i dont receive any random text messages any more, very happy with AIS .

If you go to the True move counter the SIM is FREE. They will also set it up so you can recieve messages outside of Thailand - useful for internet banking.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Whats the best carrier to use when you stay in Pattaya?

I gonna mostly use it for data traffic.

I personally use True but TGF uses AIS. Her oroblem is she gets advertsing SMS 3/4 times a day, I get about 1 a week,

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Whats the best carrier to use when you stay in Pattaya?

I gonna mostly use it for data traffic.

I had strong 3G coverage with DTAC/Happy, although occasionally it would drop to E(dge).

A quick toggle of Airline Mode usually restored 3G.

Since most of my mates (and some TG's) had iPhones the iMessages were flying thick and fast and free :)

But you know what? I don't think I'll bother with a data pack next time.

I found wifi to be everywhere. Its in a lot of bars, sometimes not advertised. You just need to ask the girls for the password.

Even in bars where it wasnt available, a nearby bar would have and the girls knew the password for there anyway lol.

I had strong 3G coverage with DTAC/Happy, although occasionally it would drop to E(dge).

A quick toggle of Airline Mode usually restored 3G.

Since most of my mates (and some TG's) had iPhones the iMessages were flying thick and fast and free :)

But you know what? I don't think I'll bother with a data pack next time.

I found wifi to be everywhere. Its in a lot of bars, sometimes not advertised. You just need to ask the girls for the password.

Even in bars where it wasnt available, a nearby bar would have and the girls knew the password for there anyway lol.

Thanks for the great tips about the wifi :)

• 2 weeks later...

i brought my sim card on ebay in the uk..with postage it was £5 !. nothing

Advantage was ,I could get business cards made up before I arrived and give ppl back home my number

• 3 weeks later...

In my experience Dtac also known as happy and more commonly 1 2 call you get the sim when you exit near gate no 7 AIS counter. As far as i know there is no 7 11 inside the Airport.

• 1 month later...

I would buy the SIM from DTAC at the airport. They have a booth a short walk to the left after you exit customs. 7-11 is OK , but the DTAC store makes sure your phone works with the card. The card is about 50 baht, and a 200 baht top up, which you can do at any phone store, will last you a couple of weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

I would buy the SIM from DTAC at the airport. They have a booth a short walk to the left after you exit customs. 7-11 is OK , but the DTAC store makes sure your phone works with the card. The card is about 50 baht, and a 200 baht top up, which you can do at any phone store, will last you a couple of weeks.

I have never been able to get B200 to last for a couple of weeks, unless I never called anyone. What rate plan are you using on Happy??

Can I get a payg sim to fit the micro sim slot for iPhone 4s?

Can I get a payg sim to fit the micro sim slot for iPhone 4s?

Plenty of people use the iPhone in Thailand so you should have no problem.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....