IGNORED

Pattya to Rayong

kaikwong

How long would be the drive from Pattaya Klang to Rayong in the evening? Would i expect any jam at any part of the road?

Life is like a roller coaster!

Two ways to go.

1. On the motorway/bypass - around 45km should take 40-50 minutes depending on your speed. From Klang turn left along Sukhumvit then go UP the flyover to the Motorway to Bangkok. Where it forks take the fork to Rayong (well sign posted) not the normal one to BKK.

2. Along Sukhumvit via Sattahip and Ban Chang. This is the way most people go as its "easier". However as you go round a big "corner" its around 80km this way so give it a fair bit more time. This route has many traffic lights which will certainly hold you up although there are no real traffic bottlenecks once you are past Jomtien (floating market area).. I guess 80-90 minutes approx this route.

PS - if on a motorbike or by bus you maybe cannot use the motorway. Technically its "highway" not "motorway" so it is possible that motorbikes ARE allowed on it I am just not sure. I know you never see bikes on it. I am sure someone else can confirm this.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

As a 2nd thought

Rayong is very sprawling i.e. Rayong "starts" a good 15km from it center and the same on the other side. The times I quote are approx for the centre but if you are on the near or far side you should assume accordingly.

Depends on how you go, but it's personally never taken me more than 1 hour.

Thanks for the info! I think on average would be 1 hour then..Travelling everyday like that twice could be hell... but think of the home in pattaya would be heaven!

One hour is you go the bypass route yes, not even that on average.

If youi are commuting you could consider living in Ban Chang which is about 45 minutes from Pattaya AND 35 from central Rayong and has a pretty decent bar scene in its own right. Its NOT Pattaya but its got enough life in it to make it worth considering as a living location.

see http://www.banchangbars.com

One hour is you go the bypass route yes, not even that on average.

If youi are commuting you could consider living in Ban Chang which is about 45 minutes from Pattaya AND 35 from central Rayong and has a pretty decent bar scene in its own right. Its NOT Pattaya but its got enough life in it to make it worth considering as a living location.

see http://www.banchangbars.com

Thanks for the recommendation! I would survey about ban change when i am over for a holiday next month! Hopefully it can seduce me to put up long term so i can save alot of travelling time everyday haha