IGNORED

First time

J11

I am planning to travel to asia this year but I have never been to Thailand or Asia before. I am just wondering about the general safety in pattaya. I have been thinking about pattaya or angels city in the Philippines, which one would you say is the safest place?

Not been to Angels but I feel safer walking around Pattaya than I do in some places in the UK and many other European cites and tourist destinations. As long as you know what manners are and treat people with respect I can't see you having any problems.

Okay thanx for ure reply. I heard that Thailand should be safe I was just not sure about Pattaya.

Ugggh.... Someone Please BAN this idiot "Durcigerizinc".

It is generally known that on average Thailand is safer then the Philippines. The people of the Philippines are desperately poor "more so then your average Thai". I feel because of this with no disrespect to them they are more willing to try to pull something.. But take that information for what it's worth. No matter where you travel always be aware of your surroundings and know when something does not seem right bail out. I have travelled alone to Pattaya many times without any incidents. I have been to both places and IMO Angeles City does not compare to Pattaya's night life. Not even close!

Edited by cwestinx1648

I have not been to the Philippines but I feel safe period in Thailand. When you look for hotels in the Philippines, the reviews always speak of lack of safety. When scoping nightlife there it is the same thing. Crime is everywhere but it is not that bad in Thailand. I have not had any problems whatsoevr in my many trips. I am out at all times of the night often alone unless I picked someone up and still not one issue. This is why I love it.

Find someone who you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. You have to try, because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived. - Meet Joe Black

Until Then......

www.dancewatchers.com

http://www.devilsdenthailand.com

http://www.lolitapattaya.com/

Thanx for sharing ure opinion.. It seems from what I´ve heard that Pattaya might be a better place to go for a first time, so I´ll let Angels city for another trip :)

Pattaya is much better in every respect. As previous posters have said, the Philippines has a higher incidence of crime, than Thailand. Having said that, I have never encountered a problem in either, except being hassled a lot in Phils by begging kids and mothers! Like most places, you need to be aware of your surroundings and exercise common sense! If you have done neither before, Pattaya would be my first choice. It's just so much better, on every level, than AC. The only slight advantage, if any, of AC over Pattaya is the girls generally speak, and understand, English better!

Important I guess, only if you wish to have a deep and meaningful conversation! :Laugh1:

I recently started a whiskey diet......I've lost three days already!

Yes the general opinion seems to be that pattaya is a better place to start ure travels with. The fact that the filipions speak better English does not mather to much I would say, since one is not there looking for a deep discussion :)

Pattaya is safe if you have the right attitude and don't silly risks. People generally get on well and have lots of fun.

However, I have seen about one fight each of my four trips. Don't underestimate Thais when they are provoked as I saw a silly Ruski do on Beach Rd.

Show respect- get respect!

I have read (take the Internet for what it's worth) about tourists getting set up with underage girls in the PI and the cops coming an and making them pay $1000 or go to jail. From all the people I know living there, they say it's pretty corrupt and your best bet would to know someone there to take care of you. I'm sure this is a low percentage though. Keep your wits about you and don't get too stupid and you'd be fine anywhere. I haven't heard anything like this happening in Thailand though.