IGNORED

Custom Chopper or Motorcycle Builders

Blueman Group

With the high price of import cars and bikes, does anyone know of any quality Thai custom chopper or motorcycle builders? Just wondering if they have a process for custom bikes or cars to be registered/licensed to drive on Thai roads...

Edited by Blueman Group

Stop into TQ on beach road. Otherwise there is a shop west of Big C on Pattaya Tia. You go into the entrance but instead of going left, you go to the 1st street to right, turn right, it should be on left in the 1st or 2nd block..

There is no way to get a Big Bike cheap & legal on the road in this country unless you can find someone who is really desperate to sell theirs. At present you can buy one without a green book ( no registration plates) which is legally in the country so long as it has been checked by the excise people & the excise tax paid, they are imported in bits & then rebuilt, there are many rules & regulations so you have to be very careful when buying a big bike.

There is one on Thepprasit Road travelling from Jomtien towards Sukhumvit Road, about a km or so from Jomtien on the right before the Honda dealer.

I recently started a whiskey diet......I've lost three days already!

Thank you all, very helpful....Unusual set up in that most items in Thailand range from reasonable to a good deal (Good Value) with the exception of new cars and motorcycles....I have a hard time paying 3 times the price for my same BMW bike in Thailand....I cant imagine what my Porsche Twin Turbo would cost in Thailand......I will simply have to do the only reasonable thing......

Make up the difference in savings on USD$ on Thai barfines and BG's.....

Thank you all, very helpful....Unusual set up in that most items in Thailand range from reasonable to a good deal (Good Value) with the exception of new cars and motorcycles....I have a hard time paying 3 times the price for my same BMW bike in Thailand....I cant imagine what my Porsche Twin Turbo would cost in Thailand......I will simply have to do the only reasonable thing......

Make up the difference in savings on USD$ on Thai barfines and BG's.....

Locally produced cars are not that expensive. It is the very high import taxes (up to 300-400% ???) that makes things like a BMW so expensive.

I haven't asked myself but i can imagine that custom bikes are a lot cheaper here as the labor is not so expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

The one on Tepprasit is VS motorcycles.Khun Samart and his brother Lek.

I bought a 1300Vstar from them about a year ago. I knew a guy who bought a bike before and got straight service. When I bought mine he offered a hookey book for 20K or a legit book for 50k. I took the legit option as I do a lot of touring so I want a straight bike. When I bought it, he had me take it to the vehicle registery office up towards Ban Saen way and had them check it out and send all the paperwork off. About 2 weeks later, green book and Bangkok numberplate arrived at my house. Has been checked since and have been told its straight.

I got burnt on a 400 Dragstar before so am wary of the hookey books.

Had a look there 2 weeks ago and he had a nice 2009 1900cc Vstar. Selling cheap as it belongs to an expat who is leaving.

• 3 weeks later...

There are several to choose from

East Coast Choppers in Jomtien just at the right turn bottom of the hill coming from Pats

Hot Rod Harley over near the new Sapphire lodge - Ed is the builder

Try Jumeen of Burapa MC - local builder find him on Facebook - ask Nara or Liegh

Nara Brotherhood - in Duck Square near Big C can tell you where they all are.

Just past Nara is Iron Horse - good source of Harley info - Liegh is the boss man.\\

S.C