Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Visa Feedback

joeyjay

Thanks, did that, got the new passport (the one with 52 pages which will come in handy) but got dinged for $180. Curious though, whats that about US visa for 10 years and needing your old passport?

My old passport was the one that contains my US visas which are still current (valid for 10 years), although the passport containing them has since expired. However the visas are still valid. If that makes sense!

I recently started a whiskey diet......I've lost three days already!

I had much the same experience, firstly after I lost(?) my Passport and got a new one.

Checking the stamps as I walked out, I noticed they hadn't t/f my Multi Re-entry Permit.

I went back, assuming they'd made a mistake but they said they don't t/f those - have to buy new.

It may have been one of those stupid loss of face situations, but they wouldn't do it.

I spat my dummy and, with no immediate plans to exit in the remaining 6 months of the Extension, I didn't buy a new one.

When I popped out to Cambodia a month or so later, I forgot and killed my Extension.

To be fair, at Thai Immi' they did take me to one side and point out what I was about to do, but I was committed.

I then had to come back in on a TV and faced the process you've described above, except the Agent somehow got the 'dead' Extension revived and 12 months added on to it.

When I paid for another Multi Re-entry Permit I was pleased to see it was to the end of my new Extension i.e. 17 months...TiT works out OK sometimes.

That just goes to show, you just never know

Um, curious, what's t/f

Edited by jcnbkk

My old passport was the one that contains my US visas which are still current (valid for 10 years), although the passport containing them has since expired. However the visas are still valid. If that makes sense!

Ahhhh, now I got it, but not until I noticed the Union Jack proudly waving off to the left by your profile.

Cheers

Edited by jcnbkk

That just goes to show, you just never know

Um, curious, what's t/f

Sorry - lazy.

= Checking the stamps as I walked out, I noticed they hadn't t/f transferred my Multi Re-entry Permit.

Interest seems to have waned on this subject, no posts since april 12, so maybe everyone got where they wanted to get. But just to share- after the hassle and run around for all the required paperwork, I took every thing to the Thai Consulate in LA and picked up my passport the next day with an O-A multi entry visa in it. The people there were cool and it went easy. Soooo, back to Thailand...