IGNORED

recommended dentist

jean genie

I also have been a patient of Dr Aree for several years and she is excellent . As the previous poster has said due to her popularity it is very hard to get an appointment at short notice

• 2 weeks later...

i have to tell you that i took my ,then 7 year girl to dr aree,pattaya int hospital 5 years ago for check up and was told she would need 6

fillings she had 2 which caused a lot of distress,i decided to have rest of the work done back in the uk,when she was checked i was told

that her teeth were in perfect condition,shes not had a problem since.

i was thinking to have work done there but after that i dont trust the thai dentist.to do that to a young healthy child is bad,maybe we just picked the wrong dentist,seems they just want your money,whatever

Have times changed this much, or are the prices in Pattaya like 10 times more than everywhere else in Thailand?

I was in Chiang Mai in late 2009 and I had 4 fillings, 1 root canal, one broken tooth rebuilt, and had them all cleaned: 6000 baht. That was paying top dollar up there too - I could have got it done for 1000 less at a different clinic, but the guys there really seemed to have their shit together so I paid that little bit extra...

When I was in Pattaya a couple of months ago one dentist was advertising having your teeth checked and cleaned for 5500. :/

When I was in Pattaya a couple of months ago one dentist was advertising having your teeth checked and cleaned for 5500. :/

I got my teeth cleaned and checked in November by Dr. Cherry at Dentist@Beach. 600 Baht (no X-rays).

Edited by philkrenshaw

I got my teeth cleaned and checked in November by Dr. Cherry at Dentist@Beach. 600 Baht (no X-rays).

Cool, thats more like it! I'll be heading that way myself in a few days then. Get myself checked.

Thanks man!

The very thought of me going to the dentist filled me with fear until now, i busted a front tooth eating a roast bastard potato, as it was my fronti had to get it sorted , i joke not when i say i drove around Pattaya for 2 days looking and nearly going into a Dental surgery but always found a reason that it wasnt right , Until i saw a Dentist having a kip inyhe waiting room of the Pattaya Beach 2 Dental Clinic its opposite Oasis Go Go on soi Bukow. I have no idea why but i walked in woke him up and what a result hes so laid back he;s almost falling over but still profesional, i had to have root canal in 2 teeth as i had also damaged the tooth next to it with that BASTARD ROAST POTATO, and 2 crowns made , I joke not when i say that his injections did not hurt one little bit how the fuk he did that i dont know, if i wanted to stop and go out and have a ciggie no problem he made 2 temporary crowns for me and did not charge for those , i never made an appointment on time 5 in total speaks perfect English and it came to a total of 23k a bargain, and he has done a excelent job a charming man and a master at making you feel calm and relaxed . i cannot praise him enough.

even the injections didnt hurt?

my teeth are killing and need it sorted but hate the dentist... any ideas

i saw a Dentist having a kip inyhe waiting room of the Pattaya Beach 2 Dental Clinic its opposite Oasis Go Go on soi Bukow. I have no idea why but i walked in woke him up and what a result hes so laid back he;s almost falling over but still profesional...... he has done a excelent job a charming man and a master at making you feel calm and relaxed . i cannot praise him enough.

Thanks for this report. Tomorrow I was planning to go and check a few out so I'll visit this place. I've got a bunch of holes in an already filled tooth and I'm bit worried about it - need to get it sorted asap really. Cheers for updating the thread!

God I hate the dentist so much. I also don't know much about it.. had my last tooth out a year ago (just before I arrived here - I decided to get it done for free back in the UK...)

Are there any dentists that will put me to sleep and take this tooth out with no pain whatsoever? I've had pains at the back of my mouth where I can see a tooth is deteriorating - I'm fairly certain they're going to say I need it out..

At the moment I'm on Tramadol everyday..

Edited by jc77777

Thanks for that.

I've emailed the one you used. I feel a bit silly asking to be put to sleep but that's how much I hate it. I'm even tempted to fly back to England for it to be done as I'm not sure they offer that service here.

I use Doctor Cherry, Dentist Beach, Central Festival. Very professional and reasonable rates. Has good reports from other BM's as well!

went to this place to have my teeth cleaned, they took a look in my mouth and told me I needed 3 fillings..I went to my dentist here in the UK just a month before my trip and everything was ok. wasn`t impressed that they tried to make something up to fill the coffers

Went to German Dentist on road to Jomtiem.. quite hard to find, half way up the road from Central... lovely looking dentist.. better than anything I've seen in the UK... did a bit today, and the rest is next week... root canal... cost 15,000 which was a bit more than i wanted to pay but was treated well and it didnt hurt much.. just uncomfortable.

I wish I could find one. I have a molar problem that lasts for 3 months already. I've gone to 4 or 5 different dentists (2 at Pattaya Memorial hospital, 2 or 3 at Dentist@Beach), spending like 10000 baht total, with absolutely zero result. Dentist@Beach now offer me to do root canal treatment, but I'm not really sure about it. Apart from costing about 10000 baht, I just don't feel that the problem is that deep. The tooth doesn't hurt normally, only when I bite with it in a certain way. I'm really disappointed in Thai dentists now. None seem to even understand what the problem is. Not sure what I should do.

try the german guy i mentioned above.. get a proper xray (they do it anyway).. and see what he says

I wish I could find one. I have a molar problem that lasts for 3 months already. I've gone to 4 or 5 different dentists (2 at Pattaya Memorial hospital, 2 or 3 at Dentist@Beach), spending like 10000 baht total, with absolutely zero result. Dentist@Beach now offer me to do root canal treatment, but I'm not really sure about it. Apart from costing about 10000 baht, I just don't feel that the problem is that deep. The tooth doesn't hurt normally, only when I bite with it in a certain way. I'm really disappointed in Thai dentists now. None seem to even understand what the problem is. Not sure what I should do.

I had a similar problem with one tooth that had lost an old filling and also broken off a piece of the tooth, it only hurt if I bit on something hard.

I went to Pattaya Smile Dental Clinic in South Pattaya Rd opposite Kasigorn Bank, and visited Dr Jay.

She first thought that I needed a Root canal as well but after drilling and examining the tooth

she found that the pulp and the nerve in the root were still unharmed,

and I ended up just filling it up with some normal white filling for 1000 baht and I haven't had any pain since.

A rootcanal would have cost me 6000 baht and a crown on top of that another 7000-13000 baht depending on material!

I also visited Central Dental Clinic and German Dental clinic who both said I needed a root canal treatment.

Give her a try, but better to ask her do an X-Ray first to get a more accurate evaluation of your problem.

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

i use bangkok-pattaya hospital's dental clinic when in town

...i was there for a scale and polish on my last trip 900b and it was 10/10

i pay £60plus for the same in the uk and my teeth are not half as clean as they are after the thai dentist has worked on them

i used the same clinic but a different dentist over 6 years ago...but both dentists that i've had at bkk-pattaya have put uk dentists to shame

went to this place to have my teeth cleaned, they took a look in my mouth and told me I needed 3 fillings..I went to my dentist here in the UK just a month before my trip and everything was ok. wasn`t impressed that they tried to make something up to fill the coffers

Sorry to hear that! Was that Dr Cherry or one of the others in the practice? If so, I am very surprised. That was not the experience I had.

I recently started a whiskey diet......I've lost three days already!

Went to find dr aree today. But she has left to go country to look after her mum who is sick for approx three months. They quoted 4000 each wisdom tooth pulled. Then found dr cherry. Am booked in for the clean. If that goes well will pull four wisdoms at 1000 to 1200 each. Let you know how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw dr cherry and had my teeth cleaned and whitened. Happy with the outcome. Also dr cherry is a bit of a hottie! Only problem was I couldn't get my wisdom teeth out because I crashed my bike and broke my jaw in two places. Have to wait till next visit now.

Saw dr cherry and had my teeth cleaned and whitened. Happy with the outcome. Also dr cherry is a bit of a hottie! Only problem was I couldn't get my wisdom teeth out because I crashed my bike and broke my jaw in two places. Have to wait till next visit now.

Hottie?

hmmmm :Disease1:

Try specsavers-maybe they can help-Dr Cherry is nice pleasant lady-hottie no way :Think1:

Try specsavers-maybe they can help-Dr Cherry is nice pleasant lady-hottie no way :Think1:

I was comparing her to dentists I have been to in Australia. Not some hot Gogo girl.

I've been to Smile Hollywood Dental Clinic on Soi Leng Kee three times, the second for a crown and the third time a root canal, post and crown. The dentist is fast and professional with minimal to zero pain. IMO His prices are on a card at the front desk for all to see. My local dentist, who charges 5x what Dental Hollywood does, said the crown looked good to him.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.