IGNORED

How long does it take to get through the airport?

adebisi

I am looking to book a bus (maybe the bell bus??) but am not sure how long it will take to get through. I am coming from the UK if that is a factor?

I arrive at 'BANGKOK (BKK) at 1225 HRS' on a Saturday. What time should I book a bus for?

In my opinions and experiences from 30 minutes to 1 hour. According to the time and date when the land.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

I am looking to book a bus (maybe the bell bus??) but am not sure how long it will take to get through. I am coming from the UK if that is a factor?

I arrive at 'BANGKOK (BKK) at 1225 HRS' on a Saturday. What time should I book a bus for?

the bell bus goes at 1400 , you will EASILY make it, In 13 trips, I have never taken longer than 1 hour to get through so you will have no problems getting the 1400 bus

I have never used bell bus, do you have to book? I thought it was "buy ticket get seat" operation, I am sure those with experience of this service will advise. Can I just say do you really want to save £21 that a taxi meeting you at airport and transporting you personally "air conditioned" to the door of your hotel in Pattaya would cost?

I have never used bell bus, do you have to book? I thought it was "buy ticket get seat" operation, I am sure those with experience of this service will advise. Can I just say do you really want to save £21 that a taxi meeting you at airport and transporting you personally "air conditioned" to the door of your hotel in Pattaya would cost?

the bell bus is door to door & airconditioned, you just have to change on to the minibus transfer at pattaya bus station

Edited by zilly

On my last trip I arrived at about 1pm and was hardly anyone about at the immigration so from walking off the plane to getting my bags, including a turd stop, took about 25 mins. Other times I've arrived and I've been waiting in immigration for about 30 mins.

It all depends on luck and if you have arseholes in front that hadn't filled in the boarding cards. It's a pet hate of some people on this forum, most say it's Indians that are notorious for it but I've never been troubled by them on arriving, in fact the last time I was stuck behind people that hadn't filled in boarding cards, they were a couple of young Canadian backpackers.

I've never used a Bellbus but heard that they are there every hour or something so if you're arriving midday you'll prob not be waiting long.

There are also airport taxis but tbh they are a bit aged. I started off in Bangkok on last trip and got in one, he stopped at the side of the motorway and got out to check under the bonnet 5555

the bell bus is door to door & airconditioned, you just have to change on to the minibus transfer at pattaya bus station

Is that all inclusive and how much does it cost? Although I'm never going to use it, like to start my holiday in comfort of car knowing whatever "cock up" they have to get me to my hotel and to the door. I hate Phuket partly cause it started of wrong, airport minibus to Patong took ages had to stop to let others off and then driver pulled up at gated road to hotel complex said "your hotel down there, not allowed to enter and you have guessed it, wrong hotel, taxi to right location and fare paid to minibus dearer than taxi pre booked from airport to the right hotel. I will pay £21 every time to be collected at airport and delivered at the door, its a great start to the holiday. If I had more money I would have either DD bus or Pattaya Secrets limo collect me with the instant pussy on tap, what a way that would be to start the holiday.

I forgot to add whatever time you have to wait to get through immigration, my opinion is some of these posts have been lucky in the times they are quoting, other flights early or late can download up to 2000 people within a 20 minute period. You get on the arse end of that queue you will get "bored" and possibly wound up but dont! No matter how long it takes to get through Immigration the real question is when will my luggage come through, I have been first off cattle class and my suitcase has been last to appear on carousel, I have been the very last person to leave the plane and LOL when my case out from full passenger load has been first on carousel.

The difference is for me is I know whatever, my taxi guy is waiting at meeting point, will take my case to the car and the journey that despite 11-12 hours getting to LOS on the flight and a fraustrating time to get to dreamtown,I am going direct to the door.

Thank you Mr T.

Depends on all sorts of things. There have been times that I've breezed through immigration and other times that I've waited for over an hour. Baggage has never been a problem at Swampy. Also, I've never reserved Bell in advance. I just walk down and purchase a ticket for the next bus.

Don't forget the second line that's mentioned if you walk past the first immigration check. Chances are anyone using it will be a BM!

i land in january , always around 12:30 midday and this is the scene what has always awaited me

2011-01-09 06.27.46.jpg

2011-01-09 06.28.03.jpg

2011-01-09 06.28.12.jpg

and i run to get there before others on my flight , so there are another 300 people behind me and more flights arriving

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

I have never had a problem getting an earlier or later Bell Bus when I have arrived earlier or later than anticipated!

Usually half an hour (max) through customs - often a further half an hour to 40 minutes waiting at the fucking carousel (what are they doing back there - picking all the good shit out of the luggage before they send it through?)

Edited by sinbad5

yes!

I forgot to add whatever time you have to wait to get through immigration, my opinion is some of these posts have been lucky in the times they are quoting, other flights early or late can download up to 2000 people within a 20 minute period. You get on the arse end of that queue you will get "bored" and possibly wound up but dont! No matter how long it takes to get through Immigration the real question is when will my luggage come through, I have been first off cattle class and my suitcase has been last to appear on carousel, I have been the very last person to leave the plane and LOL when my case out from full passenger load has been first on carousel.

The difference is for me is I know whatever, my taxi guy is waiting at meeting point, will take my case to the car and the journey that despite 11-12 hours getting to LOS on the flight and a fraustrating time to get to dreamtown,I am going direct to the door.

Thank you Mr T.

in my opinion, the bell bus is BETTER than a taxi for a few reasons. 1. The seats are bigger and you have more room, you can lie down and relax for the final 1 hour 45 mins of your journey without worrying about the taxi driver chatting away to you. 2. The aircon is a lot better than most taxis, granted, not all taxis air con is crap or turned down low but most taxis i have been in have been poor. 3. Not to mention the fact that it is only 200 baht, not 1000 baht. The only down side is that you may have to wait a while before it sets off as opposed to a taxi going straight away but I have found in the past that if its a more than half hour wait for the bell bus, the normal bus that drops you off in pattaya bus station is going anyway and that only costs 124 baht.

Is that all inclusive and how much does it cost? Although I'm never going to use it, like to start my holiday in comfort of car knowing whatever "cock up" they have to get me to my hotel and to the door. I hate Phuket partly cause it started of wrong, airport minibus to Patong took ages had to stop to let others off and then driver pulled up at gated road to hotel complex said "your hotel down there, not allowed to enter and you have guessed it, wrong hotel, taxi to right location and fare paid to minibus dearer than taxi pre booked from airport to the right hotel. I will pay £21 every time to be collected at airport and delivered at the door, its a great start to the holiday. If I had more money I would have either DD bus or Pattaya secrets limo collect me with the instant pussy on tap, what a way that would be to start the holiday.

yes all inclusive for about 200 baht

I tend to come in low season anyway but people always talk about how long they wait but I have never, ever had a problem

I always get a Fast Track pass from the flight attendants. I breeze right through customs in about 20 minutes...the funny thing about is that I have to wait for at least 30 minutes for my bag to come. In total... I have to wait no more than 1 hour.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Bell you had to reserve in advance so I always did. Now they say they are starting a new system where you have to pay in advance http://www.belltravelservice.com/ which would suck as there are charges for foreign credit cards. But it's always been good, I prefer a good bus to a crazy taxi hop anyway.

Sunseek01

Never more than 1 hour in the airport for me.

I have always used taxi services (pt taxi for the last 10 trips - they were 10mins late last time though). However had a couple of maniac drivers that got the instruction 'slow down or no tip' - last return trip to the airport took 48mins (I was asleep for most of it thankfully). Thinking of trying Bell next time - better / more comfortable seats, possibly someone to talk to, probably safer!!

I shall land at 8:30 am in a couple of weeks from a Singapore flight. Although I flown into the new airport tens of times before this arrival time is completely new to me. Is this a busy time? I was thinking of buying a fast track pass if it was busy and have a shave and a freshen up while waiting for my bags. I won't of seen the wife for five month and although my last flight is from Singapore I'll have been flying for 27 hrs.