Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Austrian Airlines

Wil

I was wondering if anyone has travelled with them from London, The reason for asking is the connection time at Vienna, I see on the web that the minimum connection time for Austrian Airways is 25 Mins and the one for Bangkok is 30 Mins which sounds great but any delays and you knackered.

Flights are cheap which great and I believe they are a good airline.

I see there is earlier flight which means around 2 hours in Vienna which isn't too bad and I can live with that.

I know I have asked about other airlines in the past and sorry if I'm annoying but I would be interested if anyone has done the 30 minute turnaround?

Cheers

Wil

I flew with Austrian airlines nearly ten times.They have access to flights from Prague. It's not bad company. Economy Class features as standard. I have to change planes in Vienna about 30 minute and it's cool. Choice of two meals, plenty of drinks, the screen in the seat for games and movies. Seats 3-4-3. Flight attendants older, but sometimes there were even some young Thai chicken. Otherwise have retired flight attendants and stewards.

Vrátit úpravy

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

If I can recommend you, take the window seat, nevertheless which side. You have enough space for your legs there and there is no entertainment box which could bother you in making your legs straight.

I am 185cm big and I can say that I had enough space.

The food from Vienna to BKK is excellent in the economy class (even better than in the Singapore Airlines, which was my favourite until then), even the breakfast. The other way it sucks. I think I have some photos and will post them later.

Last time I flew with them was on the end of may 2012 with them. Compared to the flight in 2008, the plane stayed the same (old) but quiet (even more quiet than the famous A380). It is an 777-200.

On the way to BKK I would take the connection flight with 2 hours time in Vienna. One time I flew from Munich (it was cheaper by 300 euro to fly from Munich than from Vienna itself), the plane was making rounds around Linz because of a huge thunderstorm in Vienna. The flight to BKK was delayed too, that was lucky.

Have a nice flight.

Southern Laos TR
Next trips: 28.12.2018-04.01.2019 Koh Ngai & 04.01.2019-10.01.2019 Koh Lipe & 10.01.2010-19.01.2019 Pattaya
30.05.2019-11.06.2019 Kyoto/Osaka & 11.06.2019-16.06.2019 Phuket

As I promissed I can present some fotos from my flight in May

11139959co.jpg

Window seat, the best choice

11139960de.jpg

Dinner

11139961bx.jpg

11139963rj.jpg

Breakfast

11139964ov.jpg

11139965qx.jpg

Southern Laos TR
Next trips: 28.12.2018-04.01.2019 Koh Ngai & 04.01.2019-10.01.2019 Koh Lipe & 10.01.2010-19.01.2019 Pattaya
30.05.2019-11.06.2019 Kyoto/Osaka & 11.06.2019-16.06.2019 Phuket

Thanks for sharing your photos findybear. In November, will use their services again.As if I had sat on the board! Austrian airlines are my most used company.

I have never flown with Austrian but 30 mins sounds real tight. If you have carry on luggage only then it might be worth the risk but if you have hold luggage then I would think it unlikely it would make the transfer in time. I would check out what time is the next flight should you miss the connection and see how bad the delay might be.

Last time I tried a tight connection at Schipol I just made the flight myself (ran all the way) but my hold luggage didn't.

I have never flown with Austrian but 30 mins sounds real tight. If you have carry on luggage only then it might be worth the risk but if you have hold luggage then I would think it unlikely it would make the transfer in time. I would check out what time is the next flight should you miss the connection and see how bad the delay might be.

Last time I tried a tight connection at Schipol I just made the flight myself (ran all the way) but my hold luggage didn't.

O.K. 40 minutes. I am landing in Vienna is 22.50 and 23.30 is departure to BKG . Baggage, of course, automatically go Prague-Vienna-Bangkok without carry and pick up in Vienna. Do not forget that is EU Schenghen area without passport control and Vienna is small airport.

O.K. 40 minutes. I am landing in Vienna is 22.50 and 23.30 is departure to BKG . Baggage, of course, automatically go Prague-Vienna-Bangkok without carry and pick up in Vienna. Do not forget that is EU Schenghen area without passport control and Vienna is small airport.

The automatic transfer of hold luggage is the problem as it is outside your control. It will be handled by the airport but I think it is risky to assume they will do it quick enough. You will only find out when you get to the carousel at BKK ...........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Just about to book my flight for Christmas 2013.

The LON - BKK outbound flight has only a 25 minute layover in Vienna.

With checked in luggage, has any fellow BM's had any previous problems catching the connecting flight when booking this route?

There are several reports supporting the effieciency of Vienna airport which is a positive.

Pattaya Trip No.19 - Commences 22nd December 2013.....................Pattaya Trip No.20 - Commences 27th March 2014

Archived