IGNORED

Maple Mansion

dancaholic

Hi

I have been quite selfish in posting about this little gem of a hotel wanting to always get a room myself but recent events have made me deceided to share.

Maple Mansion

http://www.farangfriendly.com/chonburi/bang-lamung/guesthouses-hostels/maple-mansion-pattaya-3rd-road

From their business card:

Maple Mansion

Room for rent Daily/Monthly

Mahnous Co.Ltd

Tel +66879403023

Place is run by an iranian guy who is the nicest softest person you could hope to meet.

Lady to speak to is a Thai lady called DA. Her english is exceptional.

Bascially these people will go out of their way to help you if they can especially if you are one of their regular guests.

I have stayed there regualry for various trip lengths. 2 days to 2 months. Never been a problem.

Small maintenance issues fixed as soon as possible. Big comfortable clean rooms (matresses could do with some softening for western tastes).

When you have a shower you are not sitting on the toilet.

Motorcycle rental available as well.

Electronic access control after dark, no onsite security guard, lift, room safe.

On my last trip one of the guys had a bad crash on his rental bike. He paid for the repairs etc and it was all sorted but the staff of the hotel went out of their way to help him.

Now onto how they helped me. I have yet to post the full story and I will do at some stage but suffice to say my story is going to be a different Pattaya one and I am still working through the emotions so am not ready to share the full story with everyone. At this stage I just want to share this real accomadation gem.

The 332 thread guys were there for me during it and whilst the regulars on that thread are aware of it we have all yet to make it public out of respect for me and my wishes. To be honest I have even thinking of doing an ebook out of it and having the proceeds go into a fund for the village concerned. But that is a long way off and is something that if does come off will be discussed with the moderators and done with the support of the thread.

so lets get onto the main story about this hotel.

I was staying two months and paid for the first month 10 000 room rate plus water and electricity. 2800 monthly motor bike hire to be added to that. At the end of the first month I told them I was staying longer and paid for the second month. I paid in advance. This was about three days into that second month.

That day my Girl friend who had been feeling unwell for sometime (note long story involving Pattaya clinics) deceided to go back to home and get checked up at the local because she could get free medical there. Insisted on going by the way guys and refused to be taken to medical care I wanted. (so lets not go there in any replies as I got enough to deal with right now).

That night she jumped on a bus and headed home. The next morning her sister (has falang husband with car) picked her up and she took her to hospital. The girl friend died five hours later. I was called later in the evening.

Next day I hired a car to go to the village and checked out of the hotel.

As soon as I told DA she had the cleaning staff up helping me clean and pack the room. This includes all the girl friends stuff. When I came down with my bags she fully refunded the entire months rent for everything. Refused to charge me a cent.

On my return to Pattaya I could not bring myself to stay there (note returned after funeral and brought my return fight forward) but had to go back to drop off the girl Friends key as she had that with her (ie she was just going up for some tests and fully expected to be back the next day).

Da and Mohammed were like friends. Iranian tea chat and comfort.

So if anyone is looking for a hidden Pattaya Gem this is it. Its hard to find business that are conducted with morality anywhere and these guys have certainly shown that they consider human decency above money.

Thanks for tip Dancaholic on the accommodation.

Very sorry to hear about Yoke and her unfortunate health issue that had resulted in the worst possible outcome for her.

I followed your path to Thailand on your recent visits and your time with your mate, the companionship and her newly found skill fishing and you both enjoying Thai culture together.

Find your feet and in time you will realise what you wish to do and the timing for that.

You had a rough run with your employment situation as well.

My sincerest condolences to you and Yoke's family!

Cheers Bunter

Thanks for tip Dancaholic on the accommodation.

Very sorry to hear about Yoke and her unfortunate health issue that had resulted in the worst possible outcome for her.

I followed your path to Thailand on your recent visits and your time with your mate, the companionship and her newly found skill fisjing and you both enjoying Thai culture together.

Find your feet and in time you will realise what you wish to do and the timing for that.

You had a rough run with your employment situation as well.

My sincerest condolences to you and Yoke's family!

Thanks mate.

Hopefully it will not be to long before you are not staying here again.

BS

Hopefully it will not be to long before you are not staying here again.

BS

Cheers mate

Get a new job and first swing off I am back dont worry about that.

Now its about thanking those that helped me.

The next ones on the list are Coconut Resturant. Mainly because of the way the ladies there so helpful and understanding.

Whiskers bar - all the bar girls who where so understanding and compasionate.

S/c villias - or off shore bar - all staff who displayed the same understanding and compasion

lets not forget the Beer Garden joint opp off shore. I was there when I got the news so the girls found out. Next time we poped in there ie the last bar before i jumped the cab back to get home there was nothing quite concerned and compassionate looks coming from the girls.

And last but not least

Thai airways who somehow managed to get me on a full plane on compassionate grounds without any additional charge but the 60 dollar booking change fee (discount fare and huge hike in fare was expected for that return).

It sounds a fucking unlucky place to stay. Thanks for the tip off. And anyway: how come an Iranian is overtly running a business in Thailand? A British bar owner can't even stand behind his own bar! I will stay well clear of the place.

It sounds a fucking unlucky place to stay. Thanks for the tip off. And anyway: how come an Iranian is overtly running a business in Thailand? A British bar owner can't even stand behind his own bar! I will stay well clear of the place.

clearly mate you have not taken the intention of my post on board. She did not die there and the luck of the place had nothing to do with it. I was explaining the kindness of the owners which your post has undervalued. The iran was running it much the same way as the british and australian bar owner might run a place.

Thank you for your comments. Please stay away from the place and stay away from me or anything I might post or threads I might start in the future as I am sure you will not like the place.

Do you have a home page for the hotel directly? the link given is just a map and google only gave reservation bus's (Like agoda). I always like to contact the hotel directly, seems that is where one can often get the best deals.

thx

cheers

bert

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

Hi Bert

I usually just contact them by the phone number I gave up the top. If you have any problems contacting them let me know.

I am not sure of exact rates but normally I think the nightly rate is well under the 1000 mark.

I also email them and get prompt responses on [email protected]

If there is anything else I can help with please feel free to ask.

Good review Dancaholic. I know you have had great service there and have always spoken highly of the place.

It shows they care about their customers which in thailand is not uncommon but not often told of

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Very nice revue.

It is however a little out of the way. I do not ride a motor cycle or use them as taxis. The accident statistics are just too appalling

What is the baht bus or taxi situation like? I suppose it is difficult returning late at night.

Condolences regarding your tragic loss.

Very nice revue.

It is however a little out of the way. I do not ride a motor cycle or use them as taxis. The accident statistics are just too appalling

What is the baht bus or taxi situation like? I suppose it is difficult returning late at night.

Condolences regarding your tragic loss.

Being on 3rd Rd, Between Pattaya Tai and Klang I would guess the baht buses would be going past at all hours of the day and night. Would not be a problem going anywhere or coming home for that matter.

Being on 3rd Rd, Between Pattaya Tai and Klang I would guess the baht buses would be going past at all hours of the day and night. Would not be a problem going anywhere or coming home for that matter.

Thank you for the transport advice.

It would be nice if one of our computer buffs would kindly post a link to Maple Mansions on the Pattaya Photo site.

I have noticed 999Baht manage this on a few occasions for instance.

Once again, thanks.

Thanks for the recommendation, it's duly noted.

My deepest condolences to you and her family for your loss.

I too have a TG with whom I have an emotional attachment and reading of your experience immediately caused my own feelings to rise in sympathy.

Additional regrets for the...less than sensitive remarks made previously by another.

Rather telling as to his degree of class and character, or absolute lack thereof, and I feel your reply was much better than mine would've been.

I'll leave it at that.

Once again I wish you great success in re-establishing your inner peace after this tragic chain of events.

Peace,

TM

Are you sure you did not get lost, and should have been at thaivisa.com?

I have many great British friends, but there are also a lot like this one, feeling the need to use foul language, for what i can only believe to be, lack of selfconfidence.

I am sorry you had to endure this Danca, and please accept my condolences once more...

sorry for your loss mate

i thought maple mansion was my secret..not anymore!!!

i was charged 11000bht per month last dec jan feb plus elec and water

i stayed another 2weeks at the end of this period and was then charged the daily rate?????

its not the first time this has happened to me in various places

it turned in to a friendly disagreement with da saying "but you not stay for month" with myself saying "i know i stay for nearly 4month so you charge me more expensive rate"..he he priceless but thai mentality and as ive stated maple isnt the only place with this outlook

im booked again same place and agree with your good views of maple

Hi Bert

I usually just contact them by the phone number I gave up the top. If you have any problems contacting them let me know.

I am not sure of exact rates but normally I think the nightly rate is well under the 1000 mark.

I also email them and get prompt responses on [email protected]

If there is anything else I can help with please feel free to ask.

cool. thanks for email addy.

cheers

bert

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

• 9 months later...

Maple M has now changed ownership

The new Thai owners seem nice enough however they have already put the rent up.  Motorbike hire price has gone up and selection of bikes is crap for want of a better word.  Rubbish is not collecting or being stored in plain view and the general area is starting to look messy with cleaning mops etc stored in the main front area.  That is after only a week of new ownership

They did not even change the towels everyday like they used to.  In fact in five days I do not think they were changed once.

I for one am now looking elsewhere.

• 3 years later...

I was wondering if anyone else had a recent review of the place?

I have a friend who says the place is nice for the price.  Is there a pool nearby where I could pay to use for the month?

Archived