IGNORED

Cat bit me

ova

I was eating with my friend and two TG:s on beach road some restaurant. When we went to in I noticed there was two cats lying on the wall.We sit down to tabel and ordered food.

I have to go toilet. I stand up and didn't notice that one of cats was now at my feet and I stepped on the cat's tail. Cat get very angry and scartched and bit me to shin. Didn't hurt very much. Restaurant staff put a patch to my leg which was bleeding. We eat rest of food.

Then we went to bar and I gave first aid to my pain. Drink lot's beer and mekhong whiskey.

Next morning was hard hangover and the foot was swollen a lot.

I took taxi to Bangkok Hostpital Pattay because my insurance company has a contract with the hospital. I have card which must show to doctor then insurance company pay for treatment.

When I arrived to hospital the staff was very polite. They put me sitting in wheelchair. I got to doctor and show him my insurance card. I told doctor what has happened. He said I must have medicen against rabies.

They took me another room. There was a lot of injections. Nurse said to me you have to pay 15000 baht then I get injections. I said my insurance company pay everything. They stop treatment and we went to office. I said office woman theat my insurance company pay my treatment and show my card again. Woman said they want to be sure that insurance company pay for expenses. I said call them in the card is telephone number. Woman said go sitting this can take a while.

It took all day. I didn'y know what ultimately was question but after very many hours woman said now everything is ready. They send fax to insurance company of my expenses. Then my insurance company send fax back to hospital which says we pay expenses.

Then we went back to room where injections were. I received very many injections. Then they took to another room to get intravenous drip. Then treatmen was over for that day. It was about 7 pm. They said I must come next day again to intravenous drip.

I had to go to intravenous drip four days. Each took about one hour. And second they when I went to hospital they have send faxes again. I said put to fax prise for all rest treatment that I don't have to wait everyday all day long.

I was treated very well and correctly all the time. Only thing which piss me was waiting on first day.

I mean this story in Thailand is very good treatment but first they want to be sure they get their money.

I am always stroking cats in thailand, also going after pussy of other varieties.

I will be more careful with the feline kind in future

Fuck that is unfortunate mate, you're lucky you sought medical treatment fast as there is no cure for rabies once you get it, only prevention.

I just stay away from animals in LOS.

Fuck that is unfortunate mate, you're lucky you sought medical treatment fast as there is no cure for rabies once you get it, only prevention.

I just stay away from animals in LOS.

I first think little scratch of a cat who cares no big thing. I was lucky leg turn like football.

I didn't know then that cats can carry rabies. There is lot of animals who carries rabies so be careful.

i avoid all the cats and dogs in patts, you never can tell what they got,

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

This happened in the UK. A work colleague got scratched by a cat. Didn't do anything about it and a few months later got his index finger amputated. Be careful.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Jack Handey

I first think little scratch of a cat who cares no big thing. I was lucky leg turn like football.

I didn't know then that cats can carry rabies. There is lot of animals who carries rabies so be careful.

You can get rabies from Dogs, Cats, Monkeys, Rats and a whole host of other animals. In addition, your swelling could be what is known as Cat Scratch Disease.

I have been bitten by dogs twice in the last 5 years and have had to go through the rabies injection courses which last for 4 weeks on specific days after the bite starting on Day 0 i.e the day of the bite and continuing on days 3, 7, 14, 28. In case you are leaving Pattaya before the entire course is over it would be essential to get the hospital to prescribe for you the type of vaccine that you are getting as there are more than one type and they are not interchangeable as well as the dates for the next doses so that you can have them wherever you are going. This is important as the vaccinations are not fully effective unless you take the entire course and rabies is supposed to be 100% fatal and a horrible death to boot. However, people who do take the entire course have less than a 1% chance of getting it - so be safe. The cat scratch disease goes away after a dose of antibiotics so is in the circumstances a minor issue.

Cheers

9 people can't make a baby in one month

Bats also carry the rabies. There have now been a handful of survivors after the symptoms showed when these procedures were followed (before fatality rate was 100%):

Very interesting article:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=a-cure-for-rabies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milwaukee_protocol

But they are not 100% healthy, and most people still die even when the protocol is administered.

And at least you didn't end up paying $13,444.20.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/archive/index.php/t-121612.html

Love LOS costs.

Edited by gomdori

Cats are loaded with all kinds of shit. I've had the scratch thing happen before and it wasn't cute. My leg swelled to twice it's normal size.

Good Luck. Maybe I should have a cat scratch my unit.

Bats also carry the rabies. There have now been a handful of survivors after the symptoms showed when these procedures were followed (before fatality rate was 100%):

How about Batman :What:

Used to work in the alarm center in an insurance company, and in the high season we received more new cases than we could possibly handle. We therefore had to take care of the faxes (yes e-mail did not exist), not thinking about the time received, but how serious they seemed to be.

A cat (dog) bite would be considered one of the minor incidents and could be put on hold for a few hours as we had major accidents like 2-3 people seriously injured in a car crash, maybe 1 or more in a life threathening condition.

Another issue is, that we were not allowed to issue a payment guarantee until our doctor(s) had been in touch with the doctor in charge of the patient.

My advice is to, at any time you are hospitalized or enter an emergency room - tell them about your insurance, and that the insurance company except from your policy number need the name of the doctor in charge, a diagnosis, what the treatment should be, and a phone number to the dr. in charge. This could speed up the handling.

If, as an insurance company, you do not receive this information the claim assistant will have to spend a lot of valuable time collecting the information needed, and this could slow down the handling of your case.

Well, just my experience and my 5 baht

Everyone has the right to my opinion

Really, sorry to hear that. Glad you are feeling better.

Used to work in the alarm center in an insurance company, and in the high season we received more new cases than we could possibly handle. We therefore had to take care of the faxes (yes e-mail did not exist), not thinking about the time received, but how serious they seemed to be.

A cat (dog) bite would be considered one of the minor incidents and could be put on hold for a few hours as we had major accidents like 2-3 people seriously injured in a car crash, maybe 1 or more in a life threathening condition.

Another issue is, that we were not allowed to issue a payment guarantee until our doctor(s) had been in touch with the doctor in charge of the patient.

My advice is to, at any time you are hospitalized or enter an emergency room - tell them about your insurance, and that the insurance company except from your policy number need the name of the doctor in charge, a diagnosis, what the treatment should be, and a phone number to the dr. in charge. This could speed up the handling.

If, as an insurance company, you do not receive this information the claim assistant will have to spend a lot of valuable time collecting the information needed, and this could slow down the handling of your case.

Well, just my experience and my 5 baht

Thanks for the great advise. Very helpful indeed.

:Good_Post:

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

I said to office girl make a call to insurance company maybe things happens faster. Girl answered something I didn't understood. After few hours girl asked if they make call to insurance company will I surely pay it. I said insurance company will pay that call. Then I called my own mobile phone to company and gave phone to girl.

I'm just wondering it's very big hospital and customers have pay phone calls also.

we had major accidents like 2-3 people seriously injured in a car crash, maybe 1 or more in a life threathening condition.

A Pattaya resident always reminds me to carry my credit card. There may not be time to verify insurance.

Guilt from underpaying outweighs regret from overpaying.

I've had the same happen to me. Dog bit me in Vietnam and had to go through the course of 5 shots over 4 weeks. Was a pain in the ass carrying around the vaccine around with me whilst travelling and had to be at a certain temperature aswell. From memory it cost approx AUD$2k in total but I claimed through insurance when I returned back to Aus. Nowadays I am more careful when around animals. Even those dogs you see lying there on the gutter with the thai guys harassing them could snap one day and take a bite at you. That's the nature of rabies, it makes the host go a bit crazy and behaviour irrational

There is also another danger which is commonly known as Weil's disease . Fortunately it is relatively rare in humans however it has been known to occur following scratches and bites from animals.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

The first thing you should do with any animal bite is to thoroughly cleanse the wound...

The advice I have here is to run warm tap water over the area for 10 minutes...If it were me I would have dashed to my room and got the shower on it first, if it was nearby. Mind you I guess the water is not that good in Thailand either!

I have a good natured Cat but he has bit me a couple times and I do that here pronto, even in the UK you are not 100% safe, although rabies is extremely unlikely of course

It sounds like you had a reaction to the cat scratch to me but better safe than sorry.

Glad you got it sorted and hope it didn't spoil your holiday. Never go to Thailand without insurance.

Edited by Frugal Charles

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?