IGNORED

Eating one meal a day (within 24 hour period)

QuotaMan

So going on 3 months since my last Pattaya trip, I have been able to maintain my Pattaya weight and even lost a few more pounds.

This is different from the past, when I would quickly gain back the weight a month after my Pattaya trip.

I always lose weight in Pattaya because I walk around everywhere especially in the hot weather outside, and also because I don't eat as much. I eat a huge meal around noon, then again around 1 or 2 AM after I head back from the gogo's (not as big a meal, usually something from fast food place or 7/11).

And I kept the same routine, but mix it up a bit so some days I only eat one meal in a 24 hour period.  It takes a little getting used to at first, but works well once you adjust. Eating less to lose weight and be healthier is common sense of course, but it is one of the hardest things to do since many of us have been so conditioned to stuffing our faces at every meal, 3 or 4 times a day. We really don't need that much food as we think we do. Many days I eat much less than what my calorie tracker online recommends for the minimum daily requirements for my body type/age.

http://ninacheriefranklin.com/live-well/intermittent-fasting-control-weight-eating-one-meal-day/

http://jamesclear.com/the-beginners-guide-to-intermittent-fasting

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

I eat a good breakfast, pig out for lunch and either skip a meal for dinner or get a salad,  usually

smoked brisket sandwich and broccoli soup for lunch

no dinner or this salad

is how i control it

Salad over Feta cheese.jpg

IMG_1936.JPG

Soup Broccoli cheese.jpg

At home i tend to skip breakfast although i know i shouldnt as its regarded as the most important meal of the day,normally its just something at dinner time and then at tea time for me.

In Pattaya though i just eat when i fancy it,no routine at all!

Best to eat a small meal every +-3 hours in the day...

not a big meal at once. 

I used to not eat all day at work and then eat wayyyyyyy too much in the evening.

After a gastric bypass operation i now eat 5 or more small meals a day, I've lost 45 kg.

Very interesting and timely topic for me. I'm 62 and basically have a shit diet. I work nights and snack during the night when food isn't readily available as I don't have the time or inclination to cook. Fortunately I live in Pattaya where food is fairly readily available at most hours. I drink a lot of milk and often flavored milk, probably the worst thing to ingest.

Last week I got an infected toe and went to the clinic once it became quite painful. The doc put me on antibiotics and dressed it every day. On the 4th day she commented that it's taking a while to heal although showing progress and asked if I'm a diabetic. I have no clue. I'm fairly skinny but do have a pot gut, the most dangerous kind of fat.

This shocked me and so I resolved to go for the intermittent fasting, having just completed 2 days of 18 hour fasts. I normally tend to eat light meals, often vegetarian like stir fried mixed veges as I did on Saturday night. This morning I was starving but the feeling wore off and by the time 18 hours had elapsed I wasn't even hungry and had to push myself to eat.

While there are plenty of articles around about intermittent fasting, there aren't too many about what to eat. It still seems important to me to eat well. Should I avoid carbohydrates? Milk? And the burning question is what the fuck is a serve of fruit? Or vegetables? One piece of fruit? A grape? A pommelo? A whole papaya or how much?

I used to not eat all day at work and then eat wayyyyyyy too much in the evening.

After a gastric bypass operation i now eat 5 or more small meals a day, I've lost 45 kg.

45kg holy shiiiiiiiiiit. That's crazy. About 50% of me lol.

Life changing stuff those bands. You can lose weight, but not the skin that came with it, right? .......that can't be easy to live with.

My food prep and eating regime is really on point and its one aspect i'm really happy to get right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, andy666 said:

45KG! That's amazing!, I sat next to you on a songtaew in march. I'm sure it was you & you only looked about 5ft 7" admittedly though you were sitting down. You must have been barely able to move before. 

Life changing stuff those bands. You can lose weight, but not the skin that came with it, right? .......that can't be easy to live with.

My food prep and eating regime is really on point and its one aspect i'm really happy to get right.

I don't have problems with too much skin, I haven't been fat for long.

I used to weigh around 105 kg for years, then I quit smoking and got up to 115 in no time.

Then I had a friend who had done a gastric bypass, not a band they don't do that anymore, and who was very pleased with it.

But in order to qualify for free surgery I needed to weigh more so I started to eat more and once I was fat enough it was high season at work and I had to wait another 5 months, french fries, chocolate, coke no problem that summer lol, it might be the last time you know.

My weight skyrocketed to 129 the day I started my pre op diet ( lost 11 kg in 13 days)

So all in all it's like I've been through a pregnancy and came out of it without stretchmarks nor too much skin.

I weigh 84 now

9 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

You still got a six pack? I remember you posting a pic a while ago. If so what sort of exercises do you do to get into that sort of shape. 

45KG! That's amazing!, I sat next to you on a songtaew in march. I'm sure it was you & you only looked about 5ft 7" admittedly though you were sitting down. You must have been barely able to move before. 

I'm 1m78,5 don't know how much that is in ft.

See answer above, try to find a pic from when I was fat

a9aa83cd96e5110269b9dbfe9321a6b4.jpg

a6187f01cd4aa19c2ba18c304965ffa3.jpg

4 minutes ago, andy666 said:

I don't have problems with too much skin, I haven't been fat for long.

I used to weigh around 105 kg for years, then I quit smoking and got up to 115 in no time.

Then I had a friend who had done a gastric bypass, not a band they don't do that anymore, and who was very pleased with it.

But in order to qualify for free surgery I needed to weigh more so I started to eat more and once I was fat enough it was high season at work and I had to wait another 5 months, french fries, chocolate, coke no problem that summer lol, it might be the last time you know.

My weight skyrocketed to 129 the day I started my pre op diet ( lost 11 kg in 13 days)

So all in all it's like I've been through a pregnancy and came out of it without stretchmarks nor too much skin.

I weigh 84 now

Sounds like an episode of the simpsons where homer has to put on weight to work from home. Seriously though well done on the weight loss. 

Sounds like an episode of the simpsons where homer has to put on weight to work from home. Seriously though well done on the weight loss. 

I've saw that one and had to think about it too lol

10 hours ago, just hanging said:

I eat a good breakfast, pig out for lunch and either skip a meal for dinner or get a salad,  usually

smoked brisket sandwich and broccoli soup for lunch

no dinner or this salad

is how i control it

Salad over Feta cheese.jpg

IMG_1936.JPG

Soup Broccoli cheese.jpg

Where did you get that brisket sammy and soup at? Looks very good... 

1 hour ago, andy666 said:

I'm 1m78,5 don't know how much that is in ft.

See answer above, try to find a pic from when I was fat

a9aa83cd96e5110269b9dbfe9321a6b4.jpg

a6187f01cd4aa19c2ba18c304965ffa3.jpg

At least the coca-cola was free.........wasn't it?

Is that sis in the above photo?

At least the coca-cola was free.........wasn't it?

Is that sis in the above photo?

Yes I always have free cocacola :-) no just some friends, I chose the pics because they were taken at a festival one day before my diet started and exactly one year later.

8 minutes ago, andy666 said:

Yes I always have free cocacola :-) no just some friends, I chose the pics because they were taken at a festival one day before my diet started and excactly one year later.

Get in mah belly..........Fat bastard.....555

Had to eat more to qualify for surgery...LOL

next you'll have to drink more to get a new liver to prove you're an alcoholic

9 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

You still got a six pack? I remember you posting a pic a while ago. If so what sort of exercises do you do to get into that sort of shape. 

quote from a major trainer.    You make muscles in the gym and a six pack in the kitchen

Thats a crazy story! Glad it worked out for you.
About the skin comment - i assumed you were super big to lose 45kg. You were a lot smaller than i envisaged. Real hard to lose 45kg when you are 'only' starting at 129kg.

My bro-in law is 120kg and has just been in hospital with gall stones. He turned yellow and his liver was playing up due to fatty deposits. He's mid 40's and i think that is his wake up call. Confessed he was a big secret chocolate eater lol - used to swear he never ate bad food!

Anyway, good result, you must feel like a ballerina now 555

Oh, and about 'the fat tax' in Pattaya, I still have to pay the same price :-)

Lol good memory [emoji12]

Yeh in really nice shape at the moment. At about 80kg i never change much. Probably sub 10% body fat.
At 42, i don't have the energy to work out so often, so just 3 times a week. Just weights only, no cardio at all. Go as heavy as possible, just 6 reps.

Overhand pull ups are a nice measure of my fitness. Dips with a 20kg dumbell between my knees. The rest is normal weight training stuff with machines and dumbells. 100 crunches of varying style.

As JH says, all about food when it comes to the abs. I naturally eat high protein at every meal and supplement with daily creatine. About as basic as it gets, but it works good.

I tried upping my protein intake (and hence calories) for 6 months or so. Got a bit bigger and stronger, but lost the abs. Seemed a bit pointless to do that. Eating all the food 5 times a day was so boring. Prefer the current position.

On 4/4/2017 at 0:15 AM, navidnavid said:

Where did you get that brisket sammy and soup at? Looks very good... 

rich man poor man soi 9 jomtien, all food there just like the states and great

I always eat only one big meal a day at about 13:00-14:00 whilst in Thailand.

Lots of walking, but no weight workouts.

Down from 99,6 to 88,0 kg in 2 months so far.

Weightloss much slower now though, aim is to loose 10 kgs more as my normal weight should be around 78 kg.

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

After 2 days this week of not eating for 18 hours I lost 2 kilos. I couldn't do it again yesterday as I was too fucking hungry.

Anything you do should be sustainable, kahoy.

Remember it's not just what you eat but also how many calories you burn. Any chance you could get more exercise?

Archived